Saturday, August 31, 2013

Studious?

She would roll her eyes.
Me geeking out, pouring over an argument in Semetic semantics -
(She'd count the syllables and pat me on the head)
- and asking questions about time, relevance, and sexuality.
"I know what I've been taught, but I was also taught to believe that homosexuals were somehow deviants - they knew what they were doing wrong."
We react in fear to what we do not understand.
I'm afraid because, despite how confident I sound when I am angry and swearing,
I don't even know what to do with my own sexuality.
(So I'm blogging about it instead? Classy)
I am told that God doesn't make mistakes,
That He doesn't mess up, and that no matter how much someone wants me to think otherwise -
He accepts me and loves me.
I know that the "sin of Sodom" isn't what I was raised to believe.
(Check out Ezekiel 16, if you know what I am talking about)
I have so many questions.
Mostly, I wish I could witness her smile as she rolled her eyes at me...

No comments: