Monday, September 2, 2013

Changing of Seasons

It is funny.
One day on the calendar - but the change from August to September,
Always brings with it the realization that summer's end has come.
Though, technically, the weather will not change much
For our proximity to the sun doesn't pay attention to
The recesses and beginning of academic calendars.
Still, Autumn is on its way.
How can we go through this change of seasons apart?
I don't know.
I do know - Autumn, to me, means apple orchards.
It means picking apples while eating them,
The only time in any activity when I forgo my OCD
And don't care that I get messy and sticky.
I climb trees,
Run from bees,
Even throw an apple or two at someone...
It means the smell of a wood fire 
At the Autumn harvest festivals.
I want to take you apple-picking.

No comments: