Sunday, December 23, 2007

A New Name

"What can I do with you, Ephraim? What can I do with you, Judah? Your love is like the morning mist, like the early dew that disappears." (Hosea 6:4)

"Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love. Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first." (Revelation 2:4-5)

"I know your deeds; you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Wake up! Strengthen what remains and is about to die" (Revelation 3:1b-2)

"You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked." (Revelation 3:17)

You poor wretched soul, mine. You do not realize that all along it has been THE GOD, Yaweh, who has kept you. Your soul is fed by HIS love, and your cares are met in HIS arms, and by the grace of a GOD who requires the sacrifice of HIS most precious Son to pay the debts of drunkards, addicts, thieves, perverts, murderers and everything in between... by HIS grace, there is hope.

"To him who overcomes, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give him a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to him who receives it." (Revelation 2:17)

No comments: