Saturday, January 19, 2008

Hope

Call me crazy. I just don't want it anymore. The superficial highs of life; the moola, popularity, prince charming... I've tasted something better. Only, now it's confused with a thousand cries of my own selfish sin. I listen with my ear to the doorway hoping for the faintest sounds of change, of life in a wasteland of grasping the wind. Addictions run rampant, infecting generation to generation. Pain flows like water. Anger replaces tears. Violence takes the place of love. I'm not better than this.
But, I've tasted something better.
Something that goes beyond the reach of my ability. Hope, I'm sure, is not going to be found in you or in me -- Hope is going to be found in Faith, which is going to be found in Grace. Grace will reside with Love -- and God is Love. Not Valentine's hearts. AGAPE. God's Love -- the only real Love. Jesus knew what real Love meant. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. wrote : "Let us develop a kind of dangerous unselfishness".
Can we pray for that? That and more -- we can know that God will answer our prayers, so that we may finally pray as Jesus did "Not what I will, but what YOU will."
I'm hoping for the greatest transformation... God shape my heart... open the doors wide enough for Your will.

No comments: