Friday, November 16, 2007

What it takes

It's a little late to be looking back, and it's foolish to try. Because nothing good ever came from spending your life obsessing over the "how comes" and "why's". It fell out like a novel, or sit-com, and life panned out in slow-mo. As sanity crawled, squirming from beneath the heavy thoughts going on below. What do I really know? Haven't I learned enough already? Should I have to endure these things, when there are souls to be saved and children to hold. Barriers to break down, and standards to up-hold. Damn my foolish pride, and any understanding I think I own. Yes, curse; curse the day I think I don't need God. Fall over on my face and seek Him, in His grace. This, and I will be whole.

1 comment:

Sarah Bradshaw said...

"It is a good day to me when Thou givest me a glimpse of myself." -- Valley of Vision