Monday, November 5, 2007

Autumn

From my humble beginnings, You've always seen
The truth behind my exteriors, beyond my vibrant green
Since the day that I broke free, and dazled with the dew
There has been no one who knows me, no one knows me like You

Over time I grew to sizes, so small compared to You.
But small gives birth to small, and so what did i do?
I spread myself wide to stretch out and look below,
Still my beauty faded, it fades much faster than I know.

The seasons quickly change, from warm breeze
to cloudy storms. And through all these i weathered,
Despite my frailness You wouldn't let me be torn.
My smallness, it's joyous, as my stem rises up to You
It's what I was created for, it's everything that I do.

And now? It's my end, as I've finally come to stand,
Solely pointing ever upward, only looking to Your hand.
Somehow as my exterior has gone, to reveal who i am inside,
You have made me beautiful, and will carry me on Your winds, and i will be satisfied.

No comments: