Thursday, August 16, 2012

Prisoners, ghosts, and images

We never travel alone. Necessity, or Providence; Something bigger has taught us. Though our hearts are hard - Harder than stone. We carry impossible weight. Stepped up to our eyes in earth. The earth we turn to ocean, Filled up with our tears. Polluted by our own hate. I trace the lines across my arm. Ruts as deep as dermis, Down to muscle, blood, and bone. Feeling the weight of eternity, In the presence of momentary harm. But we choose to stay here. Because we cannot see another way. There is nothing so great, Nothing so fine, it seems - As my prison-kingdom of fear. I wonder, do You kiss away tears? Does the crystal ocean move Your heart, In a torrent of compassion Stronger than the grave? Can you hold me, when I am left here?

No comments: