Wednesday, July 18, 2007

All around me...

It's strange to think this day has been since before there was time;
that I was right where I was always going to be, no matter how many times I want to ask "why?".
You don't offer any answers, as to why things had to be this way,
I'm supposed to follow Your voice, even on days like today.
To be honest I didn't feel like waking up this morning,
I didn't want to pray.
It's become too routine, too secure, I doubted I could go on this way.
So it takes somthing like now, to make me see the truth;
that YOU, Oh God, are not here to make me comfortable and steady in this life, but take me into the next with You.
And if I have to cry, to learn to die; face embarassment and grief.
It's all enough to trust that Your the One who holds me past my own unbelief.
There were angels in that pavement, dancing and singing a song...
I didn't want to see it, because it meant I'd join along.
Singing about God's goodness despite where I am.
Being joyful in their harsh words, smiling at their "damns"
Singing about YOUR goodnes, all around me...

No comments: